We’re always interested in hearing from skilled professionals so if we haven’t got any vacancies listed here feel free to send us your CV anyway. Send all CVs and letters of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company specialises in repairs to metalwork in historic buildings, monuments, parks and gardens. Customers include Historic England, National Trust, Canal & River Trust, local authorities, commercial developers and private clients.
Typical projects are shown at our website www.calibremetalwork.co.uk.
The company wishes to recruit a full-time Contracts Manager to take charge of administrative work associated with its projects (based at office/works in Hazel Grove, Stockport).
- Acknowledging orders
- Attending pre-contract meetings (with colleagues) as necessary
- Preparing information to enable production & programming
- Keeping customers informed of order status
- Planning (with colleagues) to ensure contract deadlines are met
- Visiting sites for progress meetings with customers
- Assisting with preparation of monthly work valuations
- Issuing monthly applications for interim payments
- Resolving any contractual disputes that arise with customers
- Raising invoice instructions for accounts department
- Compiling technical information for customers on completion
Skills/Accreditations - Essential
- Good letter-writing and numeracy skills
- Effective telephone manner
- Experienced IT user (e-mail, internet, Word & Excel)
- Driving licence
Skills/Accreditations - Desirable
- Working knowledge of contract law, particularly relating to construction
- Programming experience
- Familiarity with health & safety practices in construction work
Personal qualities - Essential
- Pro-active self-starter
- Well-organised and accurate
- Ability to develop a plan and deliver it
- Good communicator