Calibre Metalwork undertakes architectural metalwork projects in cast iron, wrought iron, bronze and brass. We restore existing work in historic buildings. We also supply/fit high-specification new work in both old and new buildings/locations. Customers include the National Trust, local authorities, main contractors and private clients. We operate UK-wide from our Stockport works.
We wish to recruit a ‘hands-on’ Contracts Supervisor responsible for delivering projects to specification, budget and programme. The position is full-time and permanent (subject to a three month trial).
- advanced metalworking/fabrication skills
- ability to plan and monitor progress
- knowledge of good health & safety practices
- being prepared to represent the company in discussions with our customers
- driving licence
- willingness to work overtime and work away for periods (expenses paid)
- supervisory experience
- construction industry experience
The company offers training (in-house and external) in supervising construction contracts and in use of specialised plant.
Contract Supervisors manage all aspects of contract works assigned to them…practical, contractual and financial…both on and off site.
- completing assignments to specification, programme and budget
- responsibility for the quality of finish / client satisfaction
- arranging the allocation of labour for assigned projects within the overall works programme
- purchasing or reserving resources needed to execute the works (materials, plant & vehicles)
- ensuring works are carried out to the company’s conservation and technical standards
- supervising health and safety amongst his/her team, both on and off site
- representing the company on site
- anticipating potential delays and working actively to minimise programme disruptions
- discussing potential delays or budget overspends with the Contracts Manager immediately they are recognised
Summary Terms & Conditions
- 40 hour standard working week and a pay rate commensurate with experience, paid weekly in arrears (overtime at higher rates)
- 28 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- PPE provided by the company free-of-charge