Senior Estimator/Technical Sales Vacancy
A Senior Estimator with Technical Sales experience is required for an established Restoration and Conservation Architectural Metalwork company based in South Manchester. Reporting to the Director on projects throughout the country.
This is a permanent role with salary commensurate with experience, plus company pension scheme.
Metalwork Conservation, Restoration, Replication & New build specialists.
Our principled approach aims to save original fabric, use authentic materials and apply traditional craft techniques to restore historic artifacts. In addition, we also provide new bespoke installations for listed and contemporary buildings, churches, conservation areas and public spaces.
Our customers include local authorities, public bodies, heritage trusts, architects, main contractors and private clients. Currently we operate throughout the UK.
- You will be working on and producing high level tenders, encompassing all Architectural Metalwork solutions.
- Maintaining and developing good working relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Develop a wider client scope with new customers inside the industry as well as developing existing clients.
- Ensure all tenders are submitted and meet the required level of detail and accurately reflecting the current market conditions.
- Ideal candidates must have extensive knowledge and understanding of the design and build side of the business while being able to offer advice and in construction engineering to secure work.
- Min. 5 years’ estimating or quantity surveying experience in the construction industry; Steelwork and metalwork would be ideal
- BS degree in civil engineering or construction management is preferred.
- Proven track record in negotiating medium to large packages and projects.
- Experience in managing and assisting a small dedicated estimating team and reporting to the management and directors on a timely basis.
- The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, with a genuine interest in conserving our heritage for future generations and a willingness to learn from our time served craftsmen the correct methods to conserve metalwork enabling them to provide accurate and detailed quotations to our clients.